Is this your first time in London and that too solo? Well, brace yourself up for an incredible experience. The buzzing and beautiful London can be hot and exciting as well as freezingly cold.
However, before you jet set exploring London, be sure to store luggage in London safely, if you are visiting for a few hours or a day. Just follow the guide for luggage storage, and there is no need to carry those heavy bags with you on your day trips.
Here is how to have a truly authentic London experience when traveling solo.
- The Qube Project – Head for the Qube Project if looking for a magnificent visual experience. You can enjoy an array of sounds from old favorites and new talents at the London club with 3D video mapping. This is indeed a playground of aesthetic pleasure.
- Sea Life London Aquarium – Spend a great day at the London Aquarium that boasts of more than 400 species of marine life. Just book in advance as there is always a large crowd at the Aquarium and pick a time slot as per your schedule.
- London Eye – London Eye is another major attraction for the locals and the tourists. Look for the fast-track entry to make the most of your time in London and avoid standing in the long lines. With a pre-booked time, you can spend some time in the glass capsule and enjoy panoramic views of the iconic skyline of the city.
- Windsor Castle – Take a guided tour of England’s historical treasures and visit the castle where Harry married Meghan. You can also explore the Hampton Court and its beautiful gardens. Let your personal guide educate upon the centuries of history.
- The O2- If you want to enjoy some thrilling views of London, just climb to the O2, and a viewing platform in an elevator will take you to the top. You can also hike all the way up, and all you need to do is get yourself strapped into a harness. Gaze at some amazing views of Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park and Canary Wharf from the top.
Here are some useful tips for solo travelers in London:
- Plan your trip in the summers to avoid winter in the UK if you happen to be a summer child. However, London is a great place to explore around Christmas.
- Keep in mind that London is a big city with loads of traffic, and the best way to explore is the Underground tube.
- There is so much to do and see in London, and as you are traveling solo, you are the sole planner of your activities. Why not start your holiday trip from Victoria Station as there is plenty to do and see near Victoria Station? Another major plus is that you can take advantage of the services for luggage storage at Victoria Station.
- London has so many incredible museums, and many of them are for free such as the National Gallery, Tate Modern, and Museum of London.
- Check out the events calendar as there are some or the other festivals going on in London at all times of the year.