London is a magical place to be during the festive season, and its Christmas markets and fairs are no exception. They’re a great chance to pick up a special Christmas gift, or get some yummy seasonal food – or enjoy a hot cup of mulled wine.
Here’s a guide to some of the best ones:
- Winter Wonderland: This is one of the most popular Christmas markets in London, located in Hyde Park. It features an ice rink, fairground rides, a circus, and a German-style Christmas market with food, drink, and gifts.
- Southbank Centre Winter Market: This market is located on the banks of the River Thames and features over 50 wooden chalets selling gifts, food, and drink. There’s also a pop-up cinema, live music, and a festive atmosphere.
- Greenwich Market: This market is open every day in December and features over 150 stalls selling handmade gifts, crafts, and food. There’s also live music and entertainment, making it a great place to soak up the festive atmosphere.
- Leicester Square Christmas Market: This market is a newer addition to London’s Christmas scene but has quickly become popular. It features traditional wooden chalets selling gifts, food, and drink, as well as a Santa’s Grotto and a vintage Spiegeltent hosting a Christmas show.
- King’s Cross Christmas markets: Get into the festive spirit by visiting the multiple Christmas markets in King’s Cross. Explore the stalls and find unique gifts, ranging from homeware and fashion to handmade crafts. While you shop to the sound of live music, treat yourself to some warming drinks, hearty food, and vegan delights. Also a great chance to visit Platform 9 3/4 for Harry Potter fans!
These are just a few of the many Christmas markets and fairs in London. Each one offers something unique, so be sure to check them out and get into the festive spirit. Which one is your favorite?