Are you planning to travel abroad?
A frequent flyer to foreign countries?
Are you apprehensive that you may fall sick after landing?
Do you or have you run a chance of unexpected hospitalisation?
Has someone stolen your wallet the last time you travelled abroad?
Has your baggage been lost or misplaced and you had to face some nerve-racking moments previously?
Then, International Travel Insurance is for you. It will let you travel abroad with fewer concerns and more comforts.
With a broad scope of coverage for various concerns ranging from an abrupt cancellation of your ticket to falling ill or meeting with an accident, losing your money or relevant documents to missed baggage, International Travel Insurance has become your most trusted and useful travel partner for your journeys abroad.
Travel without worries
When you have packed your bags and are leaving the country, expenses for the whole trip are planned and ear marked. How much of your budget can you set aside for missed baggage, falling sick/ medical attention or losing your cash?
It is more likely that these events may not happen all the time. But the chance for unexpected liabilities is high when you are travelling in a group or as a family than alone.
How do you plan for the unplanned?
Simple. Buy Travel Insurance online and make sure to buy it when you are planning your getaway.
With a range of options, these insurance plans will take care of all your worrisome expenses, ensuring an enjoyable trip.
How does an Overseas Travel Insurance protect you?
Just like other insurance plans, travel insurance providers also offer various plans and a diverse range of features.
The following list applies to most of the international travel insurance plans you may want to buy.
- Health Insurance – Unexpected accidents, ill-health or death
- Dental injuries are also covered if accidental
- Missed flights and cancelled trips
- Delayed, Missed or Lost baggage
- Loss of valuables or cash due to theft/robbery
- Loss of passport/ tickets– expenses incurred to obtain fresh/duplicate passport
- Hijack cover – daily benefits till you reach your destination (a fixed amount per every 12 or 24 hours)
- Cashless hospitalization facility for hospitalization abroad is also offered by most insurers.
What does International Travel Insurance not cover?
- Any illness or hospitalisation arising out of an undisclosed pre-existing condition
- If you are travelling for medical treatment
- Death due to suicide
- Accidents due to alcohol consumption or drug abuse, nuclear threats or war
- If a pregnant woman is going and she gives birth after landing, none of the expenses for the newborn will be covered.
- Most of the plans do not cover travellers that are using fly miles to travel.
Is it mandatory to buy International Travel Insurance?
Not for all countries. But if you are planning to western countries such as the USA, Cuba, Schengen (European) and some of the destinations in the Middle East (UAE), international travel insurance is a must on your checklist.
Do I have to get insured every time I travel?
Not necessarily. Depending on your purpose of travel and flying frequency, there are different types of flexible plans, and you may choose the one that best suits you.
Some of the common types of Overseas Travel Insurance plans are –
- Multi-Trip (an annual premium can be paid, options for the duration of each trip)
- Senior Citizens
What is the Premium?
it depends on various factors like
- Single Trip or Multi-Trip
- Annual Insurance of Trip-wise
- Length of your stay
- Your destinations
- Purpose of your trip
- Type of insurance opted for
- Additional & optional benefits.
The premiums you need to pay are not hefty. A 7 day trip to most of the countries will cost you around INR 800 to 1200 depending on the plans you choose.
Insurance covers range from INR 30 lakhs to 3 crores.
Top International Travel Insurance providers in India
Buying an International Travel Insurance
You need not worry much about hopping around to get international travel insurance this as the entire process can be completed online within a matter of a few minutes.
Companies issue policies instantly based on your requirements and options. It is so convenient that one can buy Travel insurance from the airport before boarding the flight.
What if I could not buy International Travel Insurance before departure?
Generally, an international travel insurance needs to bought before departure. But, in case you forgot to buy Travel insurance before departure or you did not know about it as you are a first-time flyer, or due to any other reason – do not worry.
Though not all, some of the travel insurance companies like world nomads do offer plans, which you can buy after landing at your destination.
However, there are a few disadvantages –
- There is a minimum waiting period such as 72 hours before you start to be covered
- Premiums may be high
- You may not get covered for all the facilities as in the case of pre-departure insurance.
International travel insurance for a traveller bound to his dream destinations is no more a luxury or something which can be set aside. But it has become a useful expense which will see you through most of the unexpected or unforeseen costs and helps you travel hassle-free and worry-free. It also enables you to reach your home unperturbed by most of the troubles.
With so many plans and flexible options to choose from, many of which are illustrated above including the choice of individual and group/ family plans and different plans for different regions and geographies, Overseas Travel Insurance is preferred by most of foreign bound travellers in India and across the world.