When it comes to traveling we all want to save money without compromising the experience. Though this can be difficult, with some tips and tricks you can have the best time and still save money.
So how can you save money on your next trip to London? Keep reading to find out.
- Time Your Travel– there are certain seasons that are considered to be “off” seasons according to travel companies and air lines alike. These “off” seasons are during the fall and winter often, and can be during the spring. Most people are going to be doing their traveling during the warmest months of the year so bundling up and heading to London during November is going to save you a great deal on airline or train tickets because these tickets are going to cost less. This means you can save more money to spend in the city once you get there. Your travel timing might also sync up with discounted rates for hotels and other places to stay while you are in the city.
- Find a Small Hotel– though staying at a four-star chain hotel might seem like the best option, you can often save a ton of money and have a much more authentic trip if you opt for smaller hotels that are locally owned. There are tons of small hotels and bed and breakfasts that are being rented out in the city as well as people that have rooms to rent for a short period of time.
This can give you a far more authentic trip as well, as staying with the locals can help you find great hidden sights and sounds that might not be on the tourist roads. It may even be beneficial to find a local place to stay that is just outside of the limits of London and drive in or take public transit in every day.
- Look for Vouchers– vouchers are a great way to save money and to get your money’s worth while you are in the city. There are vouchers for virtually everything from percentages off at some of the best shops to free items with a purchase, to discounted foods that can all save you money. If you’re staying overnight, you should browse for the best hotel vouchers which could give you significant savings on your stay.
Vouchers are one of the easiest and fastest ways to save money as you are not going to have to do a ton of searching and most places offer voucher codes daily that change with the specials. This is one of the best ways to save and it can help you keep more money in your pocket for other ventures.
- Look for Local Transportation– it might be tempting to rent an auto while you are in London but using public transportation is a great way to get the real London experience and to save a ton of money. Local transportation is also going to give you access to just about any place that you might want to visit while staying in the city.
- Do Your Research– it is always helpful to do your research before you ever set out to go to any new location. There may be festivals that are cheaper than going to the tourist sites, deals going on at the attractions you want to see, or other hidden gems that can save you money without taking anything away from your trip. Often talking with the locals can help you to save money and have a much better time as they will know where all the best places are. You of course have to visit places like Buckingham Palace and Big Ben, but you can fill the other times that you have open with local flare for a real London experience.
London is an absolutely breath-taking place to visit and with the right tips and tricks you can visit for far less money than you might imagine. Pinching pennies has never been so easy and so worthwhile.