There is no time like the present to start planning out your next great adventure. With a new year ahead waiting to be filled with fresh experiences, a polar adventure is the perfect idea for anyone looking to make the trip of a lifetime. Afterall, the end of the earth is the most ultimate location to go on expeditions unlike any other.
Make the travel stress free so you can enjoy every minute of your polar escape when you take a luxury cruise with Quark Expeditions, the leader in polar adventures. All you need to decide is which of these amazing destinations you want to see first!
Lose yourself in the limitless landscape with stunning views of icebergs, deep fjords and breathtaking stretches of wilderness in Greenland. As you disembark onto the fjord-lined coast get ready to see wonderful things and explore amazing sites, such as:
- The Tasermiut Fjord – ascend one of the “big walls” for an out of this world climbing experience or try to spot polar bears roaming Nanortalik Island, which is the “Place of Polar Bears”.
- The Aurora Borealis – view the multi-colored Northern Lights in the clear night sky.
- Kujataa historical site – see ruins and artifacts of the Norse and Inuit farming.
Venture to the realm of the iconic polar bear in the Norwegian archipelago of Svalbard. The perfect adventure for lovers of wildlife, with unlimited viewing in June when the sun never sets! Enjoy incredible sights and experiences with a breathtaking glacial backdrop, such as:
- Spitsbergen – visit the “Wildlife Capital of the Arctic” to observe polar bears, arctic foxes, walruses, seals, beluga whales, over 30 bird species and so much more!
- The Monaco Glacier – treat your eyes to the bluish tint of one the largest glaciers in Spitsbergen.
- Smeerenburg – also known as “Bubbler Town”, learn all about what remains of the town’s whaling history.
- North Pole
Stand at the very top of the world! That’s right, only in the enigmatic North Pole can you enjoy a champagne toast as you stand at precisely 90 degrees North, where only a few have ever stood before. A destination of first-time experiences, such as:
- 24-hour Sunshine – enjoy nonstop viewing opportunities at the top of world during the months of June and July.
- Take a Hot Air Balloon ride – a once in a lifetime experience with a bird’s eye view as you float above the ice-covered terrain of this constantly shifting ice in the middle of the Arctic Ocean.
- South Georgia
Experience the “Galapagos of the Poles” in the mountainous island of South Georgia. Follow in the footsteps of the famous explorer Sir Ernest Shackleton as you take a polar adventure to see:
- Salisbury Plain – visit the second-largest King penguin rookery, a colony with 250,000 breeding King penguins.
- Gold Harbour – observe a zoo without fences! Bring your camera to capture thousands of King penguins, and hundreds of Gentoo penguins and elephant seals on the coastline beaches.
Now the only question is, are you ready to make the voyage to the ultimate polar adventure?